Hello, everyone! After an awesome holiday, I’m slowly returning to posting. It’s been a busy few weeks, and we’re still entertaining company this week, so I figured I’d give you a quick update to get the gears rolling again.
- Remember my contributor gig on Hellobee? Over the break, I posted an adorable nursery inspired by Breakfast at Tiffany’s (as seen above) and another nursery design should be going up today, featuring an earthy palette and clean, contemporary lines.
- The New Year’s DIYs I posted have been really popular, and I’m so thrilled! Thank to everyone who featured it, with particular shout outs to the Huffington Post’s Stylelist and the TomKat Studio for their posts on the sequinned stirrers. Let me know if you caught any of the projects elsewhere!
- I’m starting to get estimates in on development for some of the great features I’m adding onto the blog this year. Have a great idea on how I can make the blog better? Voice your opinion soon – I’ll be closing the survey soon.
- Nursery furniture is coming in! I’ll feature photos of the room when it’s done, but if you can’t wait, here’s the spoiler of which inspiration board we went with.
- I’m officially in my third trimester, and the little girl is due in two and a half months. It completely blows me away. I see all of her movements now in addition to feeling them, which is amazing but comes with a price – in the form of lots of back pain. Ouch! Everyone is anxious to meet her, so hopefully the next seven to ten weeks go as fast as the rest of the pregnancy has!
- … which brings me to the really important bullet point! I’ll be looking for a few great contributors to help me out while I take a maternity/recovery leave after the little lady is born. If you’re interested, please send me a line at hello (at) somewheresplendid.com with a link to your blog or past contribution examples. I’m particularly looking for coverage in DIYs and party inspiration, but home coverage is welcome, as well.